What is Celebrate Recovery?
A Christ-Centered 12 Step program that is
• a confidential, safe environment
• a place to be who you are and find out more about who God made you to be
Why would it be good for me?
To learn more about yourself and your relationship with Jesus as you spend time in worship, prayer, and sharing.
What will it do for me?
Encourage you to discover how your hurts, habits & hang-ups affect your life every day. Give you a safe place to find freedom for these issues that could be stifling your personal and spiritual growth. Support you by providing a non-judgmental environment that allows you to heal from the inside out as you learn more about all relationships that have affected your life.
Is CR a Counseling Program?
NO. CR does not operate with certified counselors. Nor is it a clinical group therapy session. Leaders for CR are not instructed, or even trained, to counsel or fix anyone or any circumstance. What are CR leaders trained to do? Why are they so important in this program? Every group needs a leader. At Celebrate Recovery, we have a team of leaders who provide different aspects of the CR experience.
Celebrate Recovery IS:
• An anonymous, confidential, safe place to share your experience, strength, and hope with others who are struggling with the same issues.
• A leader who has gone through a similar hurt, habit, or hang-up facilitates the group as it focuses on a particular step each week.
• A tried-and-true plan of recovery for whatever struggle you are facing.
• An opportunity to share what Jesus Christ has done in your life.
• A place to be who you are and celebrate God’s Love for you!
Celebrate Recovery is NOT:
• A place to judge others.
• A place to “fix” others.
• A place to engage in gossip.
• A place to feel shame or have secrets.
• A place to meet dating partners
When and Where does it take place?
MONDAYS at 6:30 PM
Muncie Alliance Church
5601 W Jackson St
Muncie, IN 47304
Did Muncie Alliance Invent Celebrate Recovery?
No. Celebrate Recovery started in 1991 at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California out of an idea that John Baker presented to Rick Warren. There are now 35,000 Celebrate Recovery churches around the world, and that number continues to grow. Celebrate Recovery is a part of something much larger than one church’s program. Celebrate Recovery is a part of a movement that God is blessing.
What do you mean by Hurts, Habits, and Hangups? I thought this was a drug and alcohol recovery program?
Drugs and alcohol are definitely a result of hurts, habits and hangups, but WE ALL have hurts, habits, and hangups that lead other places besides outlets. We ALL have “things” that cause us to stumble & sometimes even fall. Celebrate Recovery is for EVERYONE ages 18 on up.
So other hurts, habits, and hangups like what?
Love and Relationship Addiction
How do I contact you if I have more questions?
Email our Ministry Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (765) 282-6119 and leave a message.